With gradually evolving content there is a need to refresh the content and keep it handy for the searchers.
SEO has seen a tremendous evolution since its beginning when it was focused on keyword content.
Now trillions of searches are happening on search engines every year, present SEO is about finding the perfect balance between user-centric content and convincing search engine crawlers that your content is supreme. But there are some common mistakes that are related to SEO.
1. Optimizing content around one keyword
At the beginning of SEO, it was a common practice to optimize a whole web page with a specific keyword that was needed to rank for. Now, this practice provides poor user experience to search as search engines are becoming better and determine search intent of the user.
2. Neglecting dated content
3. Forgetting mobile users
4. Not optimizing for site speed
5. Failing to include relevant links
6. Failing to include external links
7. Serving up hard to read content
8. Forgetting about image optimization
9. Not having unique content
10. Focusing on quantity over quality
11. Not optimizing URL or site structure
12. Neglecting broken or redirecting links
13. Not auditing the redirect rules
14. Meta keywords
15. Forgetting analysis and analytics
16. Not allowing a site to be crawled
17. Incorporating too many PDF
18. Having too many blog categories
By creating a blog category or tag one is creating a page on a website that is crawl bots. But if these are not having the decent amount of content associated with them, they would hurt your crawl budgets.
So based on the errors it can be concluded that the content must be attractive and user-friendly to provide better information and experience to the user. It should be short and exact with attractive features.
The better the content is, the more satisfied the user will be.